TECHNICAL SERIES WITH LUMPINEE CHAMPION RAFI SINGPATONG
On June 20th, 2017, Rafi Bohic became a champion of the Lumpinee by beating the Thai Pongsiri Por Siripong for the belt of Lumpinee in 147 lbs. French entered in the story of Muay Thai by becoming third foreign to the world to gain a belt of the mythical stadium (Morad Sari was the first foreigner gained the title of Lumpinee in 1999 and Damien Alamos the second foreigner in 2012 with two victorious defenses of his belt of Lumpinee).
On July 18th, 2017, in the stadium of Lumpinee, Rafi Singpatong in challenged the Thai Nontakit Tor Morsi for champion’s belt of Thailand, unfortunately he did not succeed of the exploit to take away the belt of Thailand, he was beaten by KO. French remains this day the only European boxer to have fought for champion’s belt of Thailand. Only Japanese Kaito Wor Wanchai beat the Thai Thanadej Thor Pran49 for champion’s belt of Thailand in 112 lbs, no other foreigners did not have the honor to compete for this prestigious belt!
Although the belt of Lumpinee was not setting game, French was discharged of his belt. Because a regulation stipulates that if a champion of the Lumpinee loses by KO in the year in the stadium of Lumpinee, he loses his belt of the stadium Lumpinee…
On December 26th, 2017, in the stadium of Lumpinee, Rafi Singpatong fight again the champion Simanut Sor Surinya that he had beaten the year before. The belt of Lumpinee in 147 lbs become vacant is setting game. French makes a magnificent fight and beats the Thai in points. Rafi Singpatong gets back his belt and again enters in the story of Muay Thai by being the only one foreign to the world to have got back the prestigious title of Lumpinee. A title that he defended triumphantly on February 27th, 2018 in the event Best Of Siam 12 by beating by KO with a superb poke the great French champion Dylan Salvador!
Rafi also won belts of values such as the WMC World Champion Belt in – 63 Kg 500 in 2013, the belt of the Muay Thai Fury Tournament in 2013, the belt of the Max Muay Thai Silver Tournament in 2014 and the Champion Belt. of the WBC world. On May 27, 2016, at the event Best of Siam 8, he won the WBC World Championship belt in – 63 Kg 500 by winning by decision against the Thai champion Aranchaï Kiatparapan.
Weight: 64-67 Kg
Number of fight: 81. 65 wins (29 KO). 15 Losses. 1 Draw
Title: Two-time Lumpinee Champion in – 67 Kg (2017), WBC World Champion in – 63 Kg 500 (2016), WMC World Champion in – 63 Kg 500 (2013), winner of the Max Muay Thai Silver Belt Tournament (2014), winner of the Muay Thai Fury Tournament (2013)
Gym: SINGPATONG GYM
For SIAMFIGHTMAG the current champion of Lumpinee has revealed a formidable technical sequence.
1. RAFI IS ON GUARD (RIGHT GUARD) FACING HIS ADVERSARY (MAURICE BRIERE NAKITAIL GYM)
2. HIS ADVERSARY ATTACK WITH A LEFT JAB RAFI BLOCKED WITH HIS RIGHT HAND
3. HIS ADVERSARY FOLLOWED BY A STRAIGHT RIGHT. RAFI BLOCKED THE BLOW WITH HIS LEFT HAND. HE PROTECTS WELL HIS HEAD WITH HIS RIGHT ARM
4. RAFI HOLDS THE RIGHT HAND OF HIS OPPONENT AND BEGINS AT THE SAME TIME A DIRECT POKE WITH HIS RIGHT ELBOW
5. HIS ELBOW TOUCHES THE CHIN OF HIS OPPONENT. RAFI DIDN’T LET GO THE RIGHT HAND OF HIS OPPONENT. THIS BLOW CAN PUT KO HIS OPPONENT OR GROGGY HARD
6. RAFI THEN GRAB THE HEAD OF HIS ADVERSARY WITH HIS RIGHT HAND. HE ALWAYS HOLDS THE RIGHT ARM OF HIS OPPONENT
7. RAFI TAKES HIS ADVERSARY DOWN TO IMPALE HIM ON HIS LEFT KNEE. HE TAPS ON THE PLEXUS WITH THE POINT OF KNEE TO CUT BREATH
8 AND 9. HIS ADVERSARY IS THROWN THEN ON THE GROUND, DEFINITIVELY PUT KO